Salary £28,000. Fixed term until January 2025.
We currently have a vacancy for a fixed term role supported by funding from Birmingham City Council to lead on two key areas in responding to the needs of asylum seekers and the wider migrant population in the city.
First, the post holder will support the coordination of activity being provided by voluntary sector groups in hotels for asylum seekers across the city by raising awareness of services offered, preventing duplication, and ensuring that resources are deployed in the most effective way. Second, by conducting outreach focus groups sessions with migrants to build understanding of barriers to seeking mental health support; obtaining evidence that will feed into our work to develop a bespoke support pathway for all migrants in the region.
Key activities include:
- Organising / conducting focus group events at locations in the city.
- Engaging with partner organisations and members of the community.
- Developing contacts, links, and relationships with voluntary groups.
- Administrative support for outreach events.
- Communication and publicity for outreach activity.
- Summarising key findings.
This role will initially run to the end of January 2025; extension is subject to funding.
You can download and complete the application documents below and return them to firstname.lastname@example.org.
The closing date is Tuesday 30th January 2024 with interviews to be held on Monday 5th February 2024.
For an informal discussion about the role, please contact Andy Hoole – email@example.com or mobile 07535 519062